Type of wine
This wine was produced from 50 – 55 years old Monastrell vines and 20 – 25 years old Syrah and Petit Verdot vines. The climate is continental with cold winters (-6°C) and very hot and dry summers(40°C). This wine has been aged for 12 months in American and French oak barrels.
Best enjoyed between 16º y 18 ºC. Pairing with all types of meat, vegetables, rice, cheese and pate.
- Gold Medal Concours Mondial Mundus Vini 2016, to Barahonda Crianza 2013
- Gold Medal at the International Wine Award “Mundus Vini 2014” to Barahonda Crianza 2011
- Gold Medal at International Wine Guide 2013 to Barahonda Crianza 2010
- Silver Medal at The International Wine Award “Mundus Vini 2013” to Barahonda Crianza 2010
- Silver Medal at Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2013 to Barahonda Crianza 2010
- Special Mention at The International Wine Award “Mundus Vini 2007” to Barahonda Crianza 2004
- Gold Medal, include in the ‘1oo best wines in Spain’ list at the national contest Radio Turismo 2007 to Crianza 2002